The Lahore Orange Line is Pakistan’s first metro train and the city’s newest mass transit system. It is an important project in the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC). In a congested city like Lahore, a 45-minute train ride may be equivalent to a two-and-a-half-hour bus ride. This article will go over the stations and itinerary of the Lahore Orange Line Metro. As a result, keep reading to the end of this page to learn more about Orange Line Stations.
Know More About Orange Line Metro Lahore!
The Orange Line Train, which began service in 1886, was a magnificent addition to Pakistan Railway. The line stretches for 27.1 kilometres (16.8 miles), with 25.4 kilometres (15.8 miles) of elevated track and 1.72 kilometres (1.1 kilometres) of subterranean track. There are a total of 26 stations, with 24 elevated stations and two underground stations. The Orange Line Metro Train (OLMT) is one of China’s major metro projects under the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI). Lahore is one of South Asia’s most densely populated and poorly connected cities. The Orange Line Train, which was created to complement the ChinaPakistan Economic Corridor, now allows travellers to travel on a cost-effective and ecologically sustainable path.
Read More: Zaitoon New Lahore City Updated
Some Quick Facts You Should Know About Orange Line Metro Train
- The orange line train can carry a total of 250,000 people each day.
- There are a total of 27 trains, each with five bogies.
- The Lahore Orange Line Train’s one-way ticket is Rs. 40 per person.
- Separate seats are available for children, ladies, and the elderly.
- People with impairments can sit on special chairs.
- On the orange line, passengers may save an hour.
- The most attractive and biggest station on the Lahore orange line metro is Anarkali.
- After a 5-minute gap, each train arrives.
- The elevated stations are Anarkali and Central Station, whereas the subterranean stations are Anarkali and Central Station.
- In the event of an emergency, the red buttons in each bogie may be used to call the control room
Complete List of Orange Line Metro Lahore Stations
.There are a total of 26 stations, as we previously said. Ali Town station is the first while Dera Gujjran station is the final.
- Ali Town
- Thokar Niaz Baig
- Canal View
- Wahdat Road
- Awan Town
- Salahuddin Road
- Bund Road
- Lake Road
- Railway Station
- Shalimar Garden
- Pakistan Mint
- Mahmood Booti
- Islam Park
- Salamat Pura
- Dera Gujran
The Orange Line Metro Train project is a wonderful gift to the people of Lahore. It is incredibly effective and time-saving to go from one section of Lahore to another. In addition, the Pakistani government sustained a significant financial loss as a result of this initiative. This initiative has no government-controlled assets and belongs to the Pakistani people. To put it another way, it is our national and moral responsibility to look after this enterprise rather than focusing too much on politics.