If you’re looking to buy some grillz, you must take the steps necessary to ensure they are built just for you. Several things to consider when selecting grillz, including the types and how they will fit in your mouth. Here are the questions to ask yourself and what each answer means:
Types of Tooth Grillz
Grillz comes in a variety of materials, from plastic to porcelain. There are two main types of teeth grillz. The first is made of metal, while the second is made of plastic. Choose the materials that works the best for you.
- Metal Grillz are created using various metals such as stainless steel, gold or platinum. These materials can be carved and moulded into any shape you desire by your dentist or jeweller. They are heavier than plastic ones but are also more durable and less likely to get damaged from heat or cold. They’re also less likely to slide around on your teeth without the help of adhesive tape or glue (depending on the design).
- Plastic Grillz are made from acrylic, porcelain and composite resin materials that can be shaped into whatever design you want by your dentist or jeweller. These are the most common and lightweight and easy to work with, but they can be damaged by heat and may only last for a short time as other materials.
Consider Your Mouth Size and Shape
First, you need to know your mouth size and shape. There are several ways to determine this:
- Use a measuring tape or ruler to determine the width of your mouth.
- You could also get a dental impression made by your dentist, which will give you a more accurate measurement of how big your teeth are in relation to each other.
- Another option is using a mirror while examining your smile with an open mouth; this way, you’ll get an idea of how much space is between each tooth, how many gaps there are between them, and what their shape looks like.
How Will You Wear Your Grillz?
You will also want to consider how you plan to wear your teeth grillz. Are they going to be everyday accessories? Or do you only plan on wearing them when you go out? Are these accessories that can be worn every once in a while, or do they have to be something special?
If you wear them daily, consider looking at more expensive options. The material used by higher-end companies is usually superior and more durable than the cheaper brands.
If this isn’t the case for you and instead, it’s something fun that adds a little flair when going out at night or with friends, then opting for something less expensive might work better for your needs.
Grillz are a great way to add personality to your look. They take some maintenance and care, so ensure you’re ready for that before buying them. Many types are available today, from acrylic plastic grillz to metal gold teeth. If you follow these tips on choosing the suitable grillz and keeping them looking good, you’ll be rewarded with endless compliments! Now that you know how to select the fitting grillz for your teeth, it’s time to get out there and start shopping.